Sunday, January 15, 2012

STASH REPORT - January 15, 2012

Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 0 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2012: 0 yards

Nothing in, nothing out--but not because I wasn't looking!  I have visited 6 places that carry quilting fabric (my little town has a couple of bars, a church, a market, an art gallery, several realtors--but no fabric stores!), looking for a blue with silver metallic fabric to incorporate into my January UFO.  (The next little town down the highway has a small fabric department in the hardware store--the interesting things about living in this area!)  I didn't find anything that I felt was "right" so another week without purchasing fabric--but also another week without working on January's #5 UFO!  I did look online and found a fabric that I think I would like, but am still hesitating--maybe I can modify my plan and use what I have.  Oh, indecision...


On the plus side, the temperature is in the mid 30's today--up from single digits and minus numbers--yea!!  We finished moving and stacking the wood we bought onto the porch (we have a really long front porch!)--makes it really easy to bring inside.  And it makes you warm two times--once when you are moving/stacking and once when it is making a beautiful glow in the fireplace!  We're supposed to get snow all week--we really need it as some of the low mountainsides are bare.  I love to watch it snow straight down--not sideways!--with big flakes drifting slowly to the earth.  Maybe someday we'll be snowbirds but not yet.

5 comments:

  1. Since it has been in the mid 30's here, I don't know that you would be avoiding the cold just the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, the mid-30's don't seem as cold here on the mountain--our average Jan. temp is about 8 degrees, with an average high of 28 (in July, the average is only about 68 degrees)! We certainly learn to layer!! :-)

      Delete
  2. It is hard to buy fabric online, sight unseen, for a specific project. We drove through WY one spring and it is a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do live in God's paradise here--and haven't reached this point yet: (http://www.skywriting.net/inspirational/humor/the_diary_of_a_snow_shoveler.html).

    I've ordered online a few times, usually when I need a bit more of a specific fabric (that I bought a few years ago!). So far, it has been OK--just one of the things you do when you live in the boonies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your snow! It's mid-January and we haven't gotten anything yet! Of course at least it finally got cold this week so hopefully the snow is on it's way...

    Good luck finding the right fabric for your project!

    ReplyDelete