Sunday, March 1, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 9, 2015 (2/28/15)

Used this Period: 9 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 42.9 yards 
Added Year to Date: 8 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  34.9 yards

 

Another UFO completed!  More stash used!  A successful week of sewing!  I'm happy to have my pink "shoes" quilt in the Longarm UFO stack. This quilt measures 62X72; I used the last of several pieces of fabric left over from other quilts.  I wasn't thinking when I started putting my blocks together--so had to be a little innovative in making it larger.  I'm showing a few of the shoes--there are 12.





And then I chained myself to the desk and started on our taxes--not really, but almost!  I dislike the tedium of getting my ledger worksheet made, summarizing all the categories I need for filling in the forms--but enjoy using my brain a bit to finish the forms.  I'm disappointed that IRS will no longer send out the big Tax Guide, even to libraries.  You can download it on line, but I'm old school and find it much faster to look something up in a paper copy instead of scrolling back and forth in a digital copy.  Oh, well, I guess I have the time.  My desk looks so clean now--all the filing is done and the first draft of the forms is done.  I'll go over them early next week, have DH go over them, and make the final copy.  And then perhaps I can get back to my sewing room!

 

This has been a busy week.  Monday we went to the elk refuge where we took a wagon ride amongst the elk.  None of the bulls were too concerned when we went by, but the cows are pregnant and a lot more leery.  Lots and lots of 6-point bulls!  We also went up behind the refuge and watched the herd of big horn sheep.  They got up close and personal as they licked the salt off the vehicles that stopped.  Those rams have huge curved horns!  You could tell which vehicles stopped as there were tongue marks on the sides!  And the little ones were so very cute--as are most babies!  Wednesday we went with the seniors group to a Chinese restaurant in a nearby town.  The food was excellent, and the company was great.  I think that was their largest dining group since the new management took over.  I think we will probably go back again.  

 

Our weather has been really kooky this winter--lots of melting going on.  My pussywillows have formed catkins already, and the ruffled grouse have been having a feast!  The Snow Days activities in our little hamlet were skimpy this year because of lack of mounds of snow.  The SnowCross races did not occur--too bad as three of our Valley guys raced in the Xtreme snowmobile races and would have been fun to watch.  Our hill has become a skating rink again.  It melted just enough yesterday to deposit a thick coat of ice when the temperatures dropped.  I hope they sand the road before we have to leave for Lenten services--and I hope we don't have to walk home afterwards!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing very well on your stash reduction. I love the boots quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoe quilt is really cute. Nice numbers for the year. I am like you when it comes to doing my taxes. I hate to start getting everything ready, but once I'm working on it, it is just 'doing it". I wish there was a way we could order the big paper booklet early in the year and not have to use the digital one too. It is such a hassle and my eyes are not good any more. I'm still procrastinating the process.

    ReplyDelete