Sunday, March 29, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 13, 2015 (3/28/15)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 53.65 yards 
Added Year to Date: 9 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  44.65 yards

 

Well, I did finish something, even if it wasn't a quilt!  I finished the afghan I had started.  The yarn is very soft and drapable.  We like "big" afghans; when I started it, I didn't make it quite as wide as I later wished--so I put several rows of double crochet on the side to make it wider.  I really like the effect.  When I got to the edging, I crocheted a triple picot--and it looks good.  Another UFO done!

 


The yarn is variegated with purple, rose, green, etc. in it.  Someone remind me not to buy any more yarn until I finish some of the UFO quilts!


It has been a week of short trips in the area, church services, and lunching with friends.  That really cuts into my "work" time.  Finally, on Friday I ironed shirts for my DH--and since I was already down by the ironing board, I decided to work on the third "shoes" quilt.  I have all the embroidered blocks (18) done--I put a 2-inch border around the embroidered squares.  There will be 17 alternating blocks, and I have the final 2 "sides" to make and sew on--on all 17.  Then I'll be ready to lay the blocks out and sew them together.  I should have just enough of the background fabric to finish--I hope!  Guess what I'll be doing today!  There will be yardage to count next week.

 

If there are more Sally King shoe embroidery designs, do you suppose I will purchase them and make a "4th Edition" quilt?  I'm already thinking I might have to do another one with a yellow background!

No comments:

Post a Comment