Tuesday, April 30, 2013

GET IT DONE 2013 - MAY GOALS & Status of APRIL Goals

GET IT DONE 2013 - MAY Goals
DONE     1) Make 2 blocks on Craftsy 2013 BOM (April & May) (NewFO).  I started on this in April and finished 3 blocks, using purple/lavender scraps.  It is an interesting project with a lot of "teaching" going on.  I would definitely recommend this for beginning quilters--a good way to stretch and grow.

2) Make 4 blocks on Annual S/P Challenge Quilt (NewFO).  (The S/P stands for Sandi/Pat; Sandi is my long-distance quilting buddy.  We started our sewing/quilting friendship before I moved to "the mountain.")  I need to "just do it" and get started on this.  Sandi has all her blocks ready for the blanket stitch around the individual applique parts.  I have ideas on how I want to make the pattern "my own"--I would like to incorporate piecing, applique, and machine embroidery.  It is always interesting to see how different our quilts look even though we use the same patterns!

3) Machine quilt/bind 4 quilts from my LA-UFO stack.  Well, here I go again--how many months has this been added?!  I have so many quilts "in me, just waiting to become reality" that I neglect my growing stack of finished tops.  I will be attending HMQS in May so perhaps I will get motivated to stretch & grow--and feel more secure in my skills or at least more willing to try them!


GET IT DONE 2013 - Status of April Goals
DONE     1) Machine quilt/bind T-Shirt quilt.  I made 2 pillows, also--one has a pillow form inside and the other doesn't.

 

2) Machine quilt/bind 4 quilts from my LA-UFO stack.  NOT DONE

DONE     3) Finish piecing Red Basket Xmas quilt (UFO). 



ADDED:
DONE     4) Hemstitch & crochet edging on 7 burp cloths. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your April accomplishments. Love your Christmas quilt....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your t-shirt quilt. I hope to do one for each of my boys when they are done high school using all the shirts they won in volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really accomplished a lot. Your Christmas quilt is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all you got done!

    ReplyDelete