Sunday, April 28, 2013

STASH REPORT - Week 17, 2013

Used this Week: 10.7 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  107.7 yards
Added Year to Date: 1.5 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 106.2 yards

 

I finished the backing for the red Christmas basket quilt; that quilt is now transferred to the Longarm UFO stack.  I "found" the blue print fabric I am using in my crocheted rug--plus some more flannel.  The flannel is a big enough cut to use for backings.  I don't know why those fabrics were in a separate Rubbermaid tub, but they were.  I guess that is proof that I need to clean/organize my quilting studio again!  The blue print is cut into strips, ready to be crocheted into my rug (which is still really small!).  It is laying on the table in the dining room, ready to be used--the table seems to be the place I can work best on the rug as I can lay it flat and make sure I'm not crocheting too tightly.  Anyway, the blue fabric is being counted.


I found an error in the red Christmas basket quilt after I posted the pictures last week.  What is it about pictures that make errors jump right out at you?!  I thought I had been watching carefully for that particular error--and there it was!  If you knew me well, you would know that I hate ripping out parts of quilts.  I have a friend who will put a quilt together, decide she doesn't like one block, rip it out, and redo the quilt.  And another friend who will make sure all the people on an appliqued quilt are facing the same direction.  Not me--oh, no!!  But sometimes an error is so glaring that I can't ignore it.  Sigh...  So, I ripped that section out on Monday and redid it--all is now right in that little quilt's world.


My accomplishments for the rest of the week were non-existent.  I got out the pattern for the quilt that Sandi (my long-distance quilting buddy) and I are doing this year--and looked at it to see if I could increase the size of the blocks and make a larger quilt.  Yes, I can do that.  Then I looked for the Christmas blues/silvers that I had decided to use--found some silvery greens but no blues--must have used them all in the blue Christmas basket quilt I made last year.  (I know--I'm an over-achiever or an idiot--to make the quilt twice, once in reds and once in blues.  But only the center motif is the same.)  So, I quit to spend more time thinking about how I want to do it.  Sandi has all her blocks ready to banket-stitch around the edges--am I late or what?!  I'm still trying to figure out what I can do so I will have fewer pieces on the applique blocks!!


But I had a very enjoyable week.  Last Saturday evening we had the FUNdraiser for the "little brown church in the dell" (actually, down the Valley!)--roasted pig with all the trimmings and a live auction of several (about 60!) donated items.  Father Flo, our priest from the Philippines, made an appetizer with shredded pork that was really outstanding.  But it was the time with friends that really made the evening great.  This past Friday we went with a group to a museum/dinner/show--another outstanding evening.  This evening we are attending an 80th birthday celebration for a friend.  If I don't watch out, I will become a social butterfly and Sandi will have her entire quilt completed before I get one block done! 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Great numbers being used. Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash report!!!! Chuckled when you referred to your tub of fabric, glad I'm not the only one with totes brimming. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it possible that you have only bought 1.5 yds of fabric and it's already a quarter of the year gone!!! I'm impressed. I think I need to know how you do that! If I get near a store with fabric, it seems to follow me home. And the worse part -- I have way too much living there already. Love that you are becoming a social butterfly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it's knowing how much fabric I have stashed! So far I've had "just enough" or a good substitute. I even considered doing only a partial HST border top and bottom on the red Christmas basket quilt--instead of purchasing that 1.5 yards. Being a social butterfly plays havoc with a diet--those stuffed mushrooms were delicious!!

      Delete