Sunday, April 14, 2013

STASH REPORT - Week 15, 2013

Used this Week: 0 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  83.35 yards
Added Year to Date: 1.5 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 81.85 yards

 

Well, nothing to report--none in, none out.  This week I machine quilted the T-shirt quilt--just a medium meander so I could hit all the seams and the corners.  I also got it bound--so it's ready to be sent to Kansas.  I want to make a couple of pillows though before I package and mail it.  I wish I would have had a few more T-shirts so I could have added one more row to the length.  The pillows will be made with navy T-shirts--I felt they were too dark to add to the mix as most of the shirts are light to medium in color.  Anyway, I'm glad the quilt is done and am ready to start the pillows tomorrow.  I will post a picture when the pillows are done.

 

Still, it was a productive week even with no fabric usage--sort of.  I've finished with the burp cloths--yea!  I think I only had 2 out of the 9 that had the same edging; I just tried different things.  I used crochet thread that I had given my mother (it returned to me after her death last summer).  I'm showing 7 of the 9 I made; DH likes the one with the green variegated thread the best.  That thread was size 30--not one I could work with very well at night (sort of like 22- and 32-count needlework fabric)!!  You can't tell from the picture (poor lighting), but all had pink flannel with pink flowers and a bit of green on the top layer; they are each folded in half for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment