Sunday, December 23, 2012

STASH REPORT - Week 51, 2012

Used this Week: 9 1/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 222 3/4 yards
Added Year to Date: 127 3/4 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2012: 95 yards

 

It was a busy week in the quilting/sewing studio on the mountain!  We mailed 2 QOVs yesterday; I hope to get a 3rd loaded on the longarm today and start quilting it tomorrow.  (Today I will bake goodies to take to some of the seniors--and for DH's sweet tooth.)  Of the yardage used this week, 3 yards was gifted--it was so "rubberized" that my longarm didn't like it.  So, even though I "hoard" my patriotic fabric, I said goodby to it and sent it to a friend who crochets rag rugs.  Picture of one of the 2 QOVs is below; the other picture shows the label with name so I won't add it.  It is a different pattern--I don't like it as well so probably won't use that pattern again.  I made 2 QOVs like the one below, except for the narrow border (ran out of material so one has the flag material and one has the blue).  The 3rd I pulled a different blue from my stash for the solid blue in this picture.

And (drum roll!) I finished the string quilt that was hanging over my machine for soooooo long--I just needed to make a backing & binding for it.  It's now moved to the longarm UFO stack.  I used leftovers from another black & white quilt top I had made in which I incorporated the Morehead Lil Pierrot machine embroidery designs--so that top has just a touch of red plus red prairie points.  I'll take a picture of it when I get it quilted--can you tell I love that top?!  I digress--anyway, I added an appliqued echinacea (I have echinacea in my flower bed).

 

 I also finished a Halloween table runner--love it!!  The fabric is so special; I'm not sure you can see the bit of lime green in the haunted houses, but I used lime green for the backing.  (And Halloween isn't even one of my favorite holidays!)  I'm going to get some lime green buttons to put on the top and attach tassels (on order) to the buttons.

And that's what has happened in my mountain studio this past week!  Oh, I also started a red/white/blue string quilt--1 block done.  A friend gave me scraps from QOVs she makes, so I am making a string quilt for her to donate to the WY soldiers.  Now to the kitchen (I'm writing this on Saturday and will post it tomorrow)!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all you got done this week! Such a great pattern you used for the QOV you have shown.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy lady. I love your QOV quilts. You are such a wonderful lady to make so many for our brave soldiers. We start on Jan 3 with our first sewing day for 2013. Looking forward to 100+ ladies gathering again for the quilting. Thanks for the reminder of the string quilt. I have one of those started too. Maybe I'll finish it in 2013. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete