Sunday, February 19, 2017

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 7, 2017 (2/19/17)

Used this Period: 0 yards 
Added this Period: .5 yards

Used year to Date:  10.67 yards
Added Year to Date:  3.5 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2017:   7.17 yards

 

Well, nothing to report--but I'm getting closer.  I had the alternate blocks (Triple Irish Chain) finished for the February challenge, and all of the embroidered shoe blocks were done with the exception of adding the pieced sides on 7 blocks--and I ran out of one of the fabrics!  Quilting from stash!  I needed 5 more inches of the fabric that added light and beautiful color to the whole quilt.  It was a JoAnn's specialty fabric called Monet's Garden.  I had 49 inches when I started, and thought that would be enough--wrong!  It is a pretty distinctive fabric, and I couldn't visualize how I could substitute any other fabric.  I did a search on the internet, and was not successful.  The next day I did another search using the same search terms but in a different order--and found it!  I had to order a half yard--a bargain at any price--and it arrived on Saturday.  I got those 7 blocks finished and have started putting the rows together.  I'm so thankful for the person who sold their fabric on Ebay!  I should have something to report next week--yea!!

 

While waiting, I started on a blue/yellow funky teapot applique quilt (Nancy Barrett design).  I have made this quilt in lavender to purples on a black background (which I really like.)  I have a blue-yellow fabric with teapots that I will use for the backing--which was the reason for another teapot quilt.  At the same time, I will use the yellows & blues for another quilt on my bucket list.  Currently I have 1 teapot block done and one partially done (out of 20 blocks).  I'm continuing to crochet on an afghan I started which will deplete most of my yarn stockpile.  I've had the yarn for this afghan for years--finally will get it done though it is going slowly!  I also have a baby afghan started--had run out of the main yarn which was why I started on the second afghan--have the yarn now and will finish the baby afghan after I finish the other one.

 

DH and I went to the Senior Center Valentine's Day luncheon; the stuffed pork chops were good.  We were asked to participate in a "newlywed" game with 2 other couples--they separated the husbands and wives and we each answered questions about our spouses--then our spouses said what their response would be to those same questions.  DH and I tied with one of the other couples and then won the tie-breaker.  Do you remember where you got your first kiss from your spouse?  Or what you were wearing on your first date?  One of the husband's replied that his wife was "wearing clothes" on their first date (they had celebrated their 62nd anniversary!).   It was a fun time and we will enjoy the prize--a gift certificate to a local restaurant!

 

We have small amounts of snow predicted for the next week, but it hasn't amounted to much.  I talked to a friend last night, and she said they had 5 feet of snow on their roof and were helped by a couple of young men in getting it off.  We still have about 3.5 feet on our roof, but the warmer weather (high 30's) is making the snow level go down.  Of course, those temps are creating a lot of ice rinks in our little village, too!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found your fabric! Sounds like one I was using up last year, but mine's all gone. Way to use the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the stash busting for this year. Glad you found you fabric for the finish.

    ReplyDelete