Saturday, January 30, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 5, 2016 (1/31/16)

Used this Period: 8.42 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  43.06 yards
Added Year to Date:  1.75 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   41.31 yards

 

More blues--a third quilt to decrease the blue stash finished!  I think this will be the last blue quilt I make for awhile, although I still have a lot of fabric on that shelf.  This was a quilt I saw on Pinterest--sort of.  I should have used pinks because the sample was so much prettier--much brighter!  I changed the flower as I knew I had a Baltimore Album quilt pattern that I could use for my flower.  I used 8.42 yards in the top, backing, and binding. 

 

We went to the "big city" on Monday of this week to see "13 Hours."  I had already read the book and have followed all the news regarding Benghazi as someone dear to me has served in the military.  Such a sad day in the history of the United States--those brave men expected help and should have had help.  

 

It is snowing here now, and snow is predicted for the next week or so.  The Servpro guy replaced our dishwasher, which was about 8 years old and leaking.  I told him that I don't even like dishwashers--but if we ever sell this house, a dishwasher would be expected.  He told me that the expected life of dishwashers these days is 13-14 years at most.  Where are the good old days when your appliances lasted 25 years?!  He also told me that I need to use it at least once a week--for the two of us, that will probably be about 1 week's worth of meals!!  He said he and his wife put in two dishwashers when they had their house built--oh, my!  Ours started leaking after we had company over Christmas.


The excitement for the week occurred with our Lhasa, Smokey.  DH let Smokey in after doing his thing outside--I was sitting in my recliner with my computer and watching TV.  Smokey runs around like a mad bandit when he comes in, and that night was no different.  At that time of the night, he usually will go get Chippy, the plush toy chipmunk (about 3 inches in size) he brought with him when he joined us.  He takes care of Chippy like it was his kid and always seems to know where he put him the last time he was carrying him around.  He will bring him to me, but not to DH--and then I get to "babysit" Chippy until we retire to the bedroom.  Sometimes Smokey will just drop Chippy in my lap and curl up--and sometimes he waits until I take hold of Chippy before he lets go. 


Smokey hopped up on my lap with Chippy in his mouth, and I took hold of it and kind of wiggled it to get Smokey to let go.  I thought "Chippy feels really silky" (which Chippy doesn't feel silky since he has been carried around, stuffed behind pillows & couch cushions, etc. for about 11years!)--took another tug and glanced down just as Smokey let go and dropped it from his mouth...  And screamed!  That got DH's attention; he sat up and wanted to know what was wrong.  "A MOUSE!!  Get it!" 


The mouse was dead, and DH "got" it while he was bent over laughing.  Scared Smokey when I screamed, and he jumped off my lap--then he spent the next 5 minutes looking for his "treasure."  Smokey had to sit on DH's lap for the rest of the evening, and I washed my hand multiple times.  Ewww!!  I can do without that kind of excitement!  Now I check Smokey's mouth when he comes in from outside.



3 comments:

  1. LOL! What a GREAT story about Smokey and his 'prize'!! It's a shame about appliances. We were told the same thing when we had to replace the dryer in our S&B home. Ugh. Todd and I have debated getting a portable dishwasher for the RV, but after seven years of doing without, I'm not for getting one now! Your stash report looks terrific -- keep up the good work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Smokey brings in dead mice, my cat, Me-new brings in life ones and plays with them until they are dead. We now watch her for a few minutes before she is allowed back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the kind of excitement you'd want in the evenings. Congrats on the stash busting, you've had a great year already and January is just ending.

    ReplyDelete