Sunday, January 10, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 2, 2016 (1/10/16)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 1.75 yards

Used year to Date:  0 yards 
Added Year to Date:  1.75 yards

Net Stash Increase for 2016:   1.75 yards

 

What a short week!  I wasted the first part of the week trying to shake the upper respiratory infection that I picked up over the Christmas/New Year holidays--just playing on the computer, reading, napping, sitting in my recliner watching TV.  I'm still not 100%, but I am getting better.  

 

We went to the big city on Thursday, and I found a red angel Christmas fabric (1.75 yards) I "couldn't live without!"  I resisted most of the sale fabrics, but I love angels and I love Christmas.  Not sure how I will use it, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

 

I started on my first NewFO quilt for the new year.  It is amazing how soothing and peaceful it is to spend time in my sewing room again.  Someone told me her mother used to say "Sew on Sunday, rip on Monday."  I'm sure she was referring to God's request that Sunday be a day of rest.  For me, being in my sewing room, piecing a quilt, is a restful way to spend a Sunday!  Anyway, the quilt I decided to start is Mountain Majesties in blues.  I have a lot of blue material, and this is a project that will use some of that blue stash.  I have 15 blocks finished so far, with another 16 in progress.  It is an easy pattern; look on Bonnie Hunter's website for a scrappy version and instructions.  This is a sample:


 

I may decide to make a scrappy Christmas Mountain Majesties if I like the blue one.

 

My New Year's resolutions include a) losing weight, eating healthily, exercising; b) reducing stash; c) longarm quilting those 100+ tops that are waiting; d) finishing things on my other UFO lists (crochet/decorative painting/machine embroidery/hand embroidery).  These resolutions aren't very different than last year's resolutions; but if I don't make resolutions, I'm less likely to accomplish the things I want to accomplish. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better.
    Like the mountain quilt. That block is very versatile and looks good in a lot of different sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pattern too.
    angels are wonderful. I know you will find the perfect project for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can well understand the angel purchase. Continue getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The angel fabric is awesome. I would have purchased it also. My Mountain Majesties is hanging on the railing waiting for a border to be put on. I think they are such fun quilts. Hope you are getting over the "bug" you picked up over the holidays.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete