Sunday, January 19, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 3, 2014

Used this Period: .14 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  42.14 yards
Added Year to Date: 20.47 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 21.81 yards

 

I did sew this week, but don't have much I can count as no quilt tops were completed.  I made 14 more scrappy blocks with my 3-inch scraps but haven't decided how to put them together.   I cleaned my quilting room and put things back where they belong, and ironed some shirts for my DH.  Then I found some red hat fabric I had quilted years ago; I remember that I had planned to use it to make big craft bags to give to my sister and niece.  I decided that it would be a lap quilt instead, so I made binding and finished it for a different purpose than planned--and have a complete finish!  And then while perusing Pinterest, I again saw pictures of the Sunshine Pineapple quilt--oh, it is sooooo pretty!  So I added it to my list of "want-to-make" patterns.


I started cataloging decorative painting magazines--a task prompted by a request my son made for a painted sawblade for his shop.  Unfortunately, the lifting of heavy boxes caused a flareup of my back problems, so I'm moving pretty slowly and won't be running any races this week!  I have some more cataloging to do as I'm about half-way done--I would like to get back into painting again to reduce my stash of items collected for that purpose.


We went to a private viewing of "Saving Mr. Banks" that was arranged by the Senior Center.  We took friends with us and it was a nice outing.  It was funny because several of those who attended remarked that they had not been out that late all year (and it was about 7:30 pm)!  The mountain goats continue to provide a show; the herd grazes about 5 miles out of town.  And they really do leap from craggy rock to craggy rock like depicted in many pictures!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mountain goat. I am looking forward to seeing "Saving Mr Banks". Congrats on your finished lap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go right over to Pinterest to search Sunshine Pineapple quilt. What a beauty. I'm sure it will be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful goat picture. How nice that you can watch them. You stash is going well. Like Melinda, I'm going to search for the Sunshine Pineapple and see what makes it different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did another search on the Sunshine Pineapple and found that Sandi, kwiltnkats, made one in February, 2012 (http://www.kwiltnkats.com/Personal%20Quilts/KokonutNo!.jpg)--look how beautiful hers turned out! I will post another picture today of one using yellow/gold/orange/green. I'll be sewing from stash so we'll see how mine turns out.

      Delete
  4. You've gotten a great start on stash busting for 2014.

    Great shot of the mountain goat. He looks warm with all that shaggy fur.

    ReplyDelete