Sunday, January 5, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 1, 2014

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 0 yards

 

I'm happy to join Judy Laquidara's Stash Report for the third year; it has really helped me focus on reducing my stash and using some of that beautiful fabric instead of just "petting" it occasionally.  I won't report fabric as used until a quilt top is pieced and ready for quilting.  I usually make the backing and binding before I shift the finished top into the longarm UFO stack--and that is when I will count that fabric as used.

 

Oh, I can't believe I'm starting out the new year with nothing to report!  I'm working on 2 scrappy quilts, but nothing is finished so nothing is reported.  I've already run into the down side of quilting from stash--running out of a specific fabric that is being used.  One quilt is a scrappy Triple Irish Chain and I lack five  2-inch squares of my background fabric!  I know JoAnn's still carries that line so it's just a matter of going to the big city (which we haven't done yet).  So, in the meantime I started another scrappy--16-patches and pinwheel blocks.  And can you believe that I'm running out of the background fabric on it, too?!  JoAnn's, here I come!  The good news is that my little containers of 2-, 2.5-, 3-, and 3.5-inch squares (I follow Bonnie Hunter's method of organizing scraps) are much, much emptier!  I pieced 2 scrappy quilts in October and November--I must be in my "scrappy" phase.


2 comments:

  1. Scrappy quilts are my favorite. Looking forward to seeing your 16 patch/pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy is where it's at!! I'm also a lover of scrappy and hope to deplete my 2.5 and 3.5 in blocks this year.

    ReplyDelete