Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goals for the new year...

I spent time in my quilting studio yesterday--a great way to start 2014!  I'm lacking about a half yard of a specific fabric to complete a scrappy Triple Irish Chain--I'm sure I can get it at JoAnn's as it is one of their perennial fabrics.  (And that quilt will arbitrarily be my UFO#1.)  In the meantime, I'll continue working on a 3-inch block scrappy.  I'm trying to use a lot of the leftover scraps I cut & store when I finish a quilt--I've reduced my 2-, 2.5-, 3-, and 3.5-inch leftovers which are my largest "collections."  A quilting acquaintance said "You know, it is much faster if you cut WOF strips and sew them together, then cut..." :-) 

I will participate in the Stash Reduction reporting at Judy Laquidera's website again this year; it really keeps me focused.  I didn't do very well on the Get It Done program, so I won't participate in that in 2014.  Remember when we numbered our UFOs in 2012 and then drew a number each month?  I was very successful in eliminating UFOs under that system--so I will do that myself in 2014.  Here are my 2014 UFO-NewFOs (and auxiliary lists):

2014 UFO-NewFO List:
#11- Nov.:  1a) Bear Claw in Bear Claw (NewFO)
#1 Jan.:  2a) Scrappy Triple Irish Chain (UFO)  DONE  1/10/14
#10-Oct.:  3a) Solid/Scrappy Quilt w/Quilted Spirals (NewFO)
#2-Feb.:  4a) Baby 3D Pinwheel (NewFO)  DONE  2/18/14
#7-July:  5a) Embroidered Colorwork MOY Boys (UFO)
#8-Aug:  6a) Embroidered Colorwork MOY Girls (UFO)
#9-SEPT: 7a) Scrappy Birds in the Air (NewFO)
#3-Mar.:  8a) Pink LogCabin (NewFO)  DONE 4/14/14
#5-May:  9a) Scrappy Twirling 9-Patch (NewFO)
#4-Apr.:  10a) Embroidered BFC Shoes (NewFO)
#6-June:  11a) Embroidered Child's Parable Quilt (NewFO)
#12-Dec.:  Embroidered Playful Snowmen (UFO)
1b) Penguin (NewFO)
2b) Sapphire QOV (NewFO)
3b) Secret Jungle QOV (NewFO)
4b) Biscuit Quilt (NewFO)
5b) Scrappy "Corners 81" (NewFO)
6b) Scrappy 16-Patch/Pinwheel (NewFO)  DONE 1/11/14
7b) Embroidered Morehead Angels (NewFO)
8b) Embroidered Redwork Angels (NewFO)
9b) Sandi-Pat 2014 Challenge-ApplPig (NewFO)  DONE 3/27/14
10b) FatCat BOM Penguins (NewFO)
11b) Sunshine Pineapple (NewFO)
12b) F&P Emily's Wedding Quilt
1c) Scrappy String Quilt (NewFO)  DONE 3/18/14
2c) Selvage/Scrappy String Quilt (NewFO)
3c) Sweet Sixteen (NewFO)
4c) Dizzy Geese in R/W/B (NewFO)
5c) Scrappy Stacked Coins (NewFO) DONE 3/6/14
6c) Scrappy Strip Quilt (NewFO)  DONE 4/9/14
7c) Hungry Animals Baby (NewFO)  DONE 4/27/14
8c) Xmas Panel1 (NewFO) DONE 8/14
9c) Xmas Panel2 (NewFO) DONE 8/14
10c) Xmas Panel3 (NewFO) DONE 8/14
11c) Xmas Panel4 (NewFO) DONE 8/14
12c) Xmas Panel5 (NewFO) DONE 8/14
1d) Scrappy Big-LittlePinwheel (NewFO) DONE 9/1/14
2d) PinkBabywApplFlwr (NewFO)  DONE 10/31/14
3d) PinkBabywApplFlwr#2 (NewFO)  DONE 10/31/14
3d)  Harlan Baby (NewFO)  DONE 10/14 
4d)  Sandi-Pat Halloween Challenge (NewFO)  DONE 10/4/14


{All QOVs are NewFOs}
QOV1)
QOV2)
QOV3)
QOV4)

LA-UFO
I currently have over 90 quilts in this stack--too many to list here, but I do have a paper list (which will increase as I work on the UFO-NewFO List!).  Some of these are baby quilts; most are large quilts.  My 2014 goal is to machine quilt 5 each month.

Other UFO Lists
SewUFO
MachineEmbroideryUFO
CrochetUFO
X-StitchUFO
DecoPaintingUFO
All of these lists are on paper; I will list completions each month.  I did not do very well on these lists in past years; hopefully, by noting them here, I will do better in 2014.  My focus for 2014 will be on decorative painting projects.

My other goal is to lose weight--and I start on that today!  My doctor said we can eliminate one of my hypertension medications if I accomplish this--that's a big incentive.  Walking on the treadmill, using the infrared sauna, and smoothies--here I go!

The following information is copied from:
http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/VictorianaQuilters/Library/UsefulInfo/UsefulInfo.htm

~Useful Measurements~
  • 1 yard of quilt fabric weighs approximately 4 oz.
  • 1 pound of quilt fabric is about 4 yards.
  • A full size scrap quilt takes about 2 pounds of fabric pieces.
  • Twin Quilt takes approximately 6 yards of fabric
  • Queen Quilt takes approximately 10 yards of fabric
  • King Quilt takes approximately 12 yards of fabric
    Standard Bed Measurement Approximate Quilt Size
    Crib 27" x 52" 36" x 60"
    Twin 39" x 75" 63" x 87"
    Double (Full) 54" x 75" 78" x 87"
    Queen 60" x 80" 84" x 92"
    King 76" x 80" 100" x 92"

No comments:

Post a Comment