Sunday, September 20, 2020

Week 38 (9/13-19/2020)

 Used this Period:  0 yards
Added this Period:  0 yards
Used Year-to-Date:  200.28 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  86.89 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2020:   113.39 yards 


Sunday, 9/13:  I thought I could use my master list of flimsies/quilted quilts to determine what happened in the quilting studio in 2018-19.  Alas, when I recopied that list, I didn't get it entirely in order--I know I added quilts that I found that hadn't been put on the list.  So, that didn't work.  However, I do know that I finished one hand-embroidered quilt top (Floral Garden) in blue/yellow. in addition to the 2 bargello tops.  So, those 2 years will have to remain a mystery!

DH and I both donated blood yesterday--Red Cross in Thayne.  I again asked for the best "sticker" since I'm a very difficult stick--vein is small, deep, rolls, and collapses.  The vein rolled 5-6 times but she was able to get it.  Hemoglobin level is high again--17.2.  Oh, well, someone will get iron-rich blood!

Monday, 9/14:  We again are the proud owners of a Jeep!  This one is a 4-door 2015 and it feels good when driving it.  Yay!  Steve did a wonderful deal for us--excellent trade-in on the Subaru, full tank of gas, and a trailer hitch!  He's going to spend winters in Texas and summers here--hope he keeps coming back!

Saturday, 9/19:  I finally have gotten back to the quilting studio and am working on the funky snowman machine embroidered quilt blocks.  After a lot of back and forth, I decided to use log cabin blocks to put it together--and will make half of each block the background fabric and half another fabric.  When I trim the blocks, they will be 11 inches, so I adjusted the center square so I can use 2" finished logs.  I ordered backing for 3 quilts from Marshall's Fabrics and have a backing fabric for this quilt which is in lavenders.  Should be able to finish it early next week.  Then I will be able to count some fabric used.

DH put grab handles in the Jeep.  They make it so much easier to get in and out!  We took quick bread and cookies down to Linda McN as her husband died on Friday.  All her kids are home for a little while.  I think it is so sad that COVID has eliminated funeral services--that was such a good way to offer comfort, say goodby, share memories.  I think al restrictions will be lifted after the election--it's all so political!

No comments:

Post a Comment