Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Week 4 (1/19-25/2020)

Used this Period: 1.58 yards

Added this Period: 0 yards

Used Year-to-Date:  26.14 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  18 yards


Net Stash Decrease for 2020:   9.86 yards


Finished embroidering the Ripple Sunbonnet Sue designs on lavender (34 inches).  I wish the designers would package designs in a series of 12, rather than 10; then it would be easier to incorporate them into a quilt design.  These designs averaged 10,000 stitches each so they went much faster.

After finishing the Sunbonnet Sue blocks, I loaded the 2 January quilts (Scrappy Sawtooth Star String quilts) on the longarm and quilted them with a medium meander.  I need to ease back into the quilting as my skills are rusty.  I used a cream Glide thread on top and cream Magna-Glide bobbins.  I was able to count 23 inches for the binding (not made prior to quilting) on one of the quilts.  The binding is sewn onto the backs of each quilt; now they are awaiting hand-sewing on the front.  

That was my accomplishments for the week.  I did receive my order of stabilizer--finally ran out of the one I use the most!  Also made a serious dent in my Sulky and Metro threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment