Saturday, January 18, 2020

Week 3 (1/12-18/2020)

Used this Period: 3.89 yards

Added this Period: 3 yards

Used Year-to-Date:  24.56 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  18 yards


Net Stash Decrease for 2020:   6.56 yards


What a week!  Looking at my goals for 2020 revealed several quilts (about 12!) that will incorporate machine embroidery designs--none of which are completed!  Knowing that the machine embroidery takes a lot of time to complete and having finished my January quilt (2 not 1!), I decided to get some of the embroidery done so I will just have to piece the quilts when their month is drawn.  It has been several months since I did any machine embroidery so the first morning was spent relearning how to use the PC computer (I normally use an Apple) and relearning the software.  Then I started embroidering shoes for the 5th shoe quilt.  Most of the shoes have 22,000-25,000 stitches but a few had almost 33,000 stitches.  After the initial underlay, I slow my machine down to a medium speed--just feel it is better for it.  Anyway, I could get 3 or 4 designs finished per day--so it took me all week to complete the 20 designs. Then yesterday I started embroidering the BFC cupcakes for another quilt; there will only be 12 designs on it.  I would like to get one more set of designs done before I start quilting quilts on the longarm.

While I was watching the machine work and changing thread colors, I remembered that I had some purple fabric for a backing in one of the tubs so I went to explore.  Sure enough, there were 2 different fabrics large enough for a backing for the shoe quilt which is embroidered on a lavender color.  Not sure which one I will use yet.  Since I will be incorporating the shoe designs into a Triple Irish Chain, I need 3 purples--light, medium, and dark.  I have big enough pieces in the stash for all but the dark.

The best thing was that when I looked for fabric in that tub, I found some that I absolutely love and had forgotten about!  The fabrics in that tub were grouped for quilts, some of which are on my goal list and some I don't remember what pattern I was planning to use.  Guess I need to make notes to include when I group fabrics for a quilt.  I wish there were more hours in the day!!  So many quilts in my mind, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment