Sunday, February 2, 2020

Week 5 (1/26-2/1/2020)

Used this Period: 0 yards

Added this Period: 10.58 yards

Used Year-to-Date:  26.14 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  28.58 yards


Net Stash Increase for 2020:   +2.44 yards

Well, it looks like I went the wrong way with my stash numbers again this week!  But I didn't get any fabric just because "I loved it;" instead I got fabric to use in finishing quilts on my list.  I should have gone to Hobby Lobby before JoAnn's because they had 40% off all their fabric--and have sold a lot!  The fabric I bought at JoAnn's included a lavender for the 5th Shoe quilt (Triple Irish  Chain) and 2 golds for the Cowboy Christmas quilt.  However, Hobby Lobby had 2 shades of marbled brown that I felt would look nicer, and they had the background fabric I need--all for the Cowboy Christmas quilt.  I resisted buying 3-4 other fabrics that I have looked at for a long time--just need to use what I have except to purchase coordinating fabrics to go with what I already have the stash.  When I get a couple more quilts made, I'll get those numbers going the right way--I hope!

The number for February is #9.  For me that is a Log Cabin/House quilt.  I'm trying to decide whether I can get an embroidery incorporated into the house blocks.  I'll go downstairs and choose some fabrics tomorrow--not sure what my color scheme will be but I do have my placement figured out.  

For today, I've got soup in the crockpot and appetizers made for the game.  I only got 2 quilts quilted on the longarm in January and one is loaded.  Do you think I can finish a NewFO quilt and 8 quilts on the longarm in February?!  I'm probably off by a few. but I think I have 108 quilts that need to be quilted--oh, my!


No comments:

Post a Comment