Sunday, February 9, 2020

Week 6 (2/2-8/2020)

Used this Period: 3.58 yards

Added this Period: 0 yards

Used Year-to-Date:  29.72 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  28.58 yards


Net Stash Decrease for 2020:   1.14 yards


Well, I just lost my weekly post--darn.  I have reconstructed my numbers as accurately as I can but may be a bit off.  I finished the Bunny Baby quilt--a panel + backing that I bought for $2.50.  I added some flannel from stash to make borders, which accounts for the fabric used this week.  I finished cutting the pieces for the Cowboy Christmas quilt (not yet counted); it's just waiting for its number to be chosen.  Then I worked on the February #9 quilt, which is a Log Cabin/House quilt for me (yardage not yet counted).  I finished the 13 Log Cabin blocks and have designed a house block, drawing on several different house blocks from the internet.  I think we are traveling to the near big city this week, and I want to get a specific fabric at Hobby Lobby to use in the house blocks.  Hope our store has that fabric; if not, I'll have to think of something else to use.  I'm not happy with this quilt--used the wrong fabric for the "chimney" in the Log Cabin blocks but don't want to rip them out.  This quilt will be a lap-sized quilt.  In addition, I have 5 quilts lined up for the longarm and hope to finish quilting them this month.  In my spare time I constructed my taxes spreadsheet.  A busy month!

I want to buy a background fabric for a Cathedral Window quilt (on my list!), and a blue background fabric for a sawtooth star quilt in blues.  I have a lot of blue fabric in my stash that needs to be used.  So far I am just buying coordinating fabric to use with stash fabric--but it is adding up and making my stash. numbers go the wrong way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment