Saturday, February 27, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 9, 2016 (2/28/16)

Used this Period: 5 yards
Added this Period: 4.5 yards

Used year to Date:  99.48 yards
Added Year to Date:  6.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   93.23 yards

 

I added yardage to my stash, but the damage to my numbers was minimal.  I bought flannel (2.5 yards) at JoAnn's in the near big city on Monday, so I could complete the last two double flannel receiving blankets to be donated to Turning Point.  This will be the last two pieces of patterned flannel from my "petting cabinet."  (I still have the pink elephants flannel, but will use it to back a baby quilt at some time in the future.)  On Tuesday, I went downstairs and finished the receiving blankets--so, in and out!  That used 2.5 yards of flannel from stash, so I got a bit ahead.  

 

The other 2 yards was fleece purchased to make a double fleece quillow for the young grandson.  Our son's first grade teacher made fleece quillows for the two granddaughters at Christmas--but the grandson didn't get one.  So, Grandma to the rescue!!  I'm not sure when I will get it done, but it is ready to be in the queue.  The Hancock's Fabrics store in the near big city is one that is being closed in their bankruptcy reorganization, so they are in the first 30% of their sales as they get ready to close.  They don't know what their closing date will be; it will be a loss as we will only have JoAnn's and a limited amount of fabric at Hobby Lobby.   

 

The remainder of my week kept me out of the sewing room.  On Wednesday, I accompanied my DH when he was transporting vehicles to Colorado and back for the local dealership.  It was a long day!  We were awake at 2:30 am (Wednesday morning), departed at 4:15am, and returned at 3:30 am (Thursday morning).  I spent Friday and half of Saturday working on our taxes--just have to check them and they are done.  Whew--that's a relief!  It always feels so good to get to this point. 

4 comments:

  1. Shoot, from the sounds of it, you'll have that yardage back in your 'used' column in no time!! And yes, there is something incredibly relieving about being DONE with taxes for another year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps...we must have been visiting each other's blogs at the same time! :) I tried to respond to your comment via email, but couldn't, so I thought I'd come back here and tell you how much I appreciated you kinds words this morning! We did have a *marvelous* time!! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't relaize Hancocks declared bankruptcy. Good to know though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great numbers for just the end of month two in 2016!

    ReplyDelete