Saturday, February 13, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 7, 2016 (2/14/16)

Used this Period: 7.92 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  83.48 yards
Added Year to Date:  1.75 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   81.73 yards

 

I tackled the last fabric panel (one that was gifted to me by my quilting partner) and have finished a 57x57 quilt plus backing (binding will be made with leftover backing).  What a good feeling it is to be able to see the bottom of that basket!  Not the prettiest lap quilt that I have done, but it is OK.  I should have spent a bit more time in planning, rather than just the hit & miss of "doing."  The panel itself was quite narrow and long, which is why I added the colored wedges on the sides--I wish I had made the background between each of them narrower (the "planning" bit that I should have done!).  If I use that concept again, I will preplan and make the background strips narrower!  I used 7.92 yards on this quilt and backing.  (That's my Lhasa at the bottom of the first picture--wearing a sweater because it's cold here!)


 

Now I have an applique scarecrow with dimensional pieces to do (from that same basket).  I'm still visualizing how I want to do it so the extra pieces will be dimensional.  I may get started on it today (Saturday), because I will need to have some yardage to report for Week 8!  This has been a busy week with giving blood, Ash Wednesday, the seniors' Recipe Club meeting (cooking beforehand), and Stations on Friday (with soup supper afterwards).  I made cinnamon rolls to take to the soup supper; it was the first time I have made them since last winter so I wasn't sure whether I would need to make a soup to take at the last minute.  However, my dough was quite good and they were tasty.  When I take them to the soup suppers, I make some of the dough in my mini-muffin pan--just the right size for the children!  Now, on to another week of happy stash busting!

3 comments:

  1. We are our own worse critics. That is a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to frame a panel. Beautifully done. Great stash busting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you improvised to enlarge that panel. Good numbers too.

    ReplyDelete