Sunday, February 21, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 8, 2016 (2/21/16)

Used this Period: 11 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  94.48 yards
Added Year to Date:  1.75 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   92.73 yards

 

Well, that feels soooooo good--last panel out of that basket (the applique one) and the quilt is just now finished!  And even better, I used a lot of my autumn stash--both yardage and bits & pieces of leftovers from previous quilts.  I was going to make it larger--it ended up at 57x72--but I was quilting "by the seat of my pants" without preplanning, and the last border just said "You don't need anything but me!"  This was one of the few quilts that I quilted from the center out, thinking I would just add pieced and plain borders.  Other than my backing fabric (which was an autumn leaf print by Timeless Treasures and was on sale for $2/yard a couple of years ago at Hancock Fabrics) and the applique panel, everything was leftover from other quilts.  The applique panel had several "extra" pieces for a trapunto effect; I used all but 4, which did not match the regular outline or which would have been trapunto under a trapunto.  My trapunto isn't super puffy--I used a fusible quilt batting that I had left over.  Anyway, counting the panel and backing, I think I used 11 yards--close anyway.

 

I won't be able to reduce stash much if at all next week (so I won't get to a net decrease of 100 yards by the end of the month!), as I plan to work on our taxes--not my favorite thing to do!  But if I get it done, I can concentrate on more enjoyable things--dangling the carrot!  We've got the "winter melt" going on here.  I think our snow pack in the yard has dropped a foot.  Today is a sunshiny day, making me think "garden."  That's probably why I bought wildflowers to plant on the edge of the back yard!  I hope everyone has a good week with lots of stash usage!  

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I have that fall fabric too! Your use of it is great! Good luck with the taxes...you can do it! You'll be back to sewing soon, I'm sure. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, your stash usage so far this year is amazing. I only had my goal for 2015 at 200 and you almost did it by the 2nd month of the year. Very cute finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete