Saturday, August 29, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 35, 2015 (8/29/15)

Used this Period: 5.5 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 126.9 yards 
Added Year to Date: 36.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  90.65 yards

 

I'm backkkkkkkkkkk!  I have my enthusiasm back and am wanting to get things done.  I even got up last night and made a list of the quilts I would like to finish this year with special notes for piecing and about how to quilt them.  (Don't ask me what happened to my list!!  It fell off the wagon and hasn't been looked at for ages!)  I don't think I will get them all pieced--I have 8 that I would like to finish in 2015.  Maybe I can get 6 done--maybe.  

 

Anyway, the only yardage I can count this week is the backing I made for last week's finish.  However, I pulled out the purple/lavender sampler quilt that has been languishing in the box forever.  It was one of the Craftsy "free" classes from a couple of years ago.  I finished the first few blocks and then didn't like some of the current blocks and --there it went, into the box!  I decided that I would just make whatever blocks struck my fancy and planned a layout that would accommodate the various sizes of the blocks.  Anyway, I'm back at it and am using up lots of small pieces of various shades & hues of purple (and I don't even really like purple!).  I would like to finish it this coming week, but we have a couple of birthday celebrations coming up which will limit the time I spend in my quilting studio (thank you, friends, for telling me I can call my room a studio when I am working on a quilt!).  Then I will try to finish the second red/white single Irish Chain, adding to the blocks left over from the one I finished last week which will get rid of those orphan blocks.  And THEN, FINALLY, I will start on the animal quilt!

 

We are going to spend a night at Old Faithful Inn to celebrate my birthday--and then we will come back and I will bake a chocolate cake for my husband's birthday.  What terrible timing for birthdays when we were teaching--our first paycheck for the year came at the end of the month while our birthdays were at the beginning of the month!

 

After next weekend, our mountain village will fall back into a quiet, sleepy little town in the forest.  We always enjoy the fall and winter months with few people--and then we look forward to the return of the summer folks and the awakening of the forest.  We still have wood to cut/split/stack--and I saw the first woolly worm of the season.  Evenings and nights feel like fall already.  Can you tell I'm ready?!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your usage this week! Doesn't it feel good to finish a project and play around in your scraps as they diminish? I look forward to seeing the lavender one finished. Next summer, I'll be one of those summer folks. I've been planning it for 10 yrs, and next year is it!! If you have any recommendations of what I should be sure to see/do/eat, I would appreciate you forwarding them along. Have a productice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outage! I am looking forward to seeing your quilts
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your stash usage, and especially on getting your quilt mojo back. can't wait to see your progress on all your projects this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a great stash busting year.

    ReplyDelete