Saturday, August 15, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 32-33, 2015 (8/15/15)

Used this Period: 3 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 121.39 yards 
Added Year to Date: 26.75 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  94.64 yards

 

Finally--I spent some time in my sewing/quilting studio!  (What is the difference between a "studio" and a "room?"  I'm not sure!)  I finished a "9-patch with alternating plain squares" quilt (haven't done a backing or binding yet).  I hesitate to post a picture as it is just very plain at this point; however, I really like seeing pictures when I read the stash reduction reports--so, I will put a picture of my "plain" quilt top.  I used reds from my stash.  The reason for this quilt is a picture I saw on Pinterest (sorry, I don't know the site it came from so I cannot give credit for the quilting)--I want to quilt my plain quilt top the very same (well almost--size is a little different and some fillers will be different) as the picture I captured.  So.....here is one quarter of my plain top (72x90):

 

This week was very different from my usual uneventful days.  I wore the hat of the town clerk for 2 afternoons since it was one of those few occasions when both employees had to be gone--so I answered phones, handled walk-ins, read a book!  Then on Friday DH and I helped with the Senior Center's annual golf tournament, which is something I really enjoy but that is very tiring.  Ten hours on my feet is difficult!  Today we're attending a picnic for veterans and auxiliary; in fact, I need to quit this blog and go make a dessert to take!!  Then we'll attend Mass this evening.  Maybe I'll get back to my sewing/quilting room/studio tomorrow!!

 

 

6 comments:

  1. It's kinda like the difference between "vAse" and "vaahse" -- how much value you put on the space. If I'm just sewing, it's a room; if I'm sewing a quilt, it's a studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red and white. It will be so pretty when the quilting is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Libby, just a different, perhaps fancier way of saying your favorite place in your home! I love your project...how can you possibly say that it is plain with all that HOT RED! Enjoy your events. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stash busting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your red and white quilt! Your stash busting is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A red and white quilt is never a plain quilt. Even before the quilting, it is eye catching. Looks like a Irish chain design(?). I call my sewing room where my DSM resides a 'room" and where the long arm is (basement) my quilting studio. lol

    ReplyDelete