Saturday, August 1, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 29-31, 2015 (8/1/15)

Used this Period: 1.5 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 118.39 yards 
Added Year to Date: 26.75 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  91.64 yards

 

Not much to report--the used stash was flannel that I gave to a friend who is making a rag flannel quilt (and has been for awhile!).  I had used the scraps to make borders for several flannel panels, but still had some left.  When I found out that she is still working on a quilt we both started several years ago, I told her that she should take the leftovers and use them.  I showed her how I had utilized them in borders on some of the quilts I finished.

 

We had a nice 8 days with the grandchildren--and then 2 weeks to catch up on rest & sleep!  My, where do they get that energy?!  I still need to scrub/wax the dining room floor, but will wait until September.  We have been sawing/splitting/stacking wood for use in the upstairs fireplace this winter.  We still have about 4.5 cords to do, but will start again when the weather is cooler.  I do enjoy the "fall projects," and it is good exercise.  We have had a few nights with the temperatures in the high 30's, which is wonderful for sleeping.  It feels like fall in the evenings and early mornings--and even during the days.

 

I did start on a simple red & white quilt top that I want to use to practice some longarm quilting techniques--but can't count anything yet.  And am thinking of what blocks to make to finish the lavender/purple sampler quilt that is waiting in the wings.  Perhaps I'll be able to count some stash usage next week!

2 comments:

  1. You have great outage numbers. I hope you have inspiration on getting your lavender/purple finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash management this year!

    ReplyDelete