Saturday, April 25, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 17, 2015 (4/25/15)

Used this Period: 11 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 79.67 yards 
Added Year to Date: 22.67 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  57 yards

 

Another finish--another Christmas quilt--and a "first" since I pieced the backing.  This is the one I "unsewed" because the alternating blocks were too dark.  I can't remember how long ago I purchased the Santa blocks, but it was a long time ago!  The fabric I'm using for the backing came out of the Christmas tub, but I had to add two strips of a coordinating fabric to make it wide enough--a first for me.  I really wanted to get that particular fabric (the backing) out of my stash as I had no idea how I would use it in a quilt.  It has a really good hand.  Anyway, I may have to do a bit more work on it--I just added the strips to the outside edge and know it would look better if it were located in the interior.  I don't have the binding made yet.  This quilt will make a good "blankie" for watching TV next winter.  I have one Santa block left and am considering making it into a quillow after the top is quilted.

 

I have finished longarm quilting another Longarm UFO.  I tried some "point-to-point" ruler work--and got better by the end of the quilt, which measures 82x82.  I'm not really pleased with the SID; I think this quilt will be one that I use to measure my longarming progress in another year!  :-)  

 

Then I pulled a flannel baby panel that I'm not sure why I purchased--but I did.  I pieced the flannel backing and made the binding--and then quilted that little quilt with the CircleLord clamshell board.  I love that board for baby quilts and lap-sized quilts.  It seems to be in perfect proportion for those sizes of quilts.  I now have 2 quilts hanging over the log railing, awaiting my attention (hand-sewing down the binding).  I'm so pleased to now have 8 quilts out of the Longarm UFO stack--only 99 to go!!  I only had 99 left to quilt last week--but added a new quilt so it's still 99, even though I quilted 2!

1 comment: