Sunday, January 25, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 4, 2015 (1/24/15)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 13.5 yards 
Added Year to Date: 1 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  12.5 yards

 

Nothing to report this week, but I did spend time in my quilting studio.  I unzipped and removed the Christmas panel that was on the longarm, thinking that I would rip out the border feathers that I had done and was dissatisfied with.  But when I took it off and looked at the back, I thought they looked good--so they won't be removed!  I think the reason I was dissatisfied is because I used an off-white thread on the top since there are light and dark colors in it--and the white looks pretty stark on the burgundy print (even thought it has white starbursts on it).  When I finish LA'ing the current quilt, I guess I will experiment with using different colors of thread on a single quilt, and also different colors in the bobbin and on top.


The current quilt is the most recent baby quilt for the new grandson--I really like it.  I should be able to complete the quilting today as I just have borders and sashing left to do--all the SID and echo quilting within the blocks is done, which has stabilized the quilt.  Normally I would do the borders and sashing as I go; but since I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, I stabilized it with pins and left it.  

 

I have figured out how I want to make the settings for my next set of embroidered blocks, so that will be my next piecing project.  But I want to get 2 more tops quilted on the longarm before I start that project.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could reduce the LongArm UFO stack to zero this year?!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Your numbers are looking good, you do not have to rip anything out, and you are working on quilting your tops! Looks like things are going in the right direction! :) ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman quilt is so fun. Great numbers for the first month of this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your numbers are great! It sounds like you are keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete