Sunday, January 18, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 3, 2015 (1/17/15)

Used this Period: 10.5 yards
Added this Period: 1 yards

Used year to Date: 13.5 yards 
Added Year to Date: 1 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  12.5 yards

 

It's snowing, it's snowing...  Does that seem like a repeat of last week?!  Polaris is filming their next promotional up a nearby canyon because of the snow we have on the ground--and in the air.  I'm glad I don't plan on going anywhere today.

 

Another finish--yea!!  This is my machine embroidered snowmen quilt--the embroidered blocks were done a couple of years ago.  It was quilted from stash, but I had to purchase 1 more yard of the white background fabric for the inner border.  It was still available since I had purchased this fabric in December, 2014.  You can't see the background well (last picture), but it has tiny blue outline snowflakes on the white.  I have enough of the blue-green/purple mottled fabric for the backing.  I love that fabric--it has an excellent hand but even better, I bought it for $2.99/yd. on a closeout at the hardware store (yes, the hardware store in the next little community sells fabric!).  I'm pleased with this quilt--the designs were a "free" gift when I purchased my Designer Diamond a few years ago (if there is such a thing as a "free" gift when purchasing something!).  I'm on a design moratorium because I have a lot of designs that I've never used--anyone else have that problem?  It's the first time I have used a shadowbox setting for embroidered blocks.
 

Taken without a flash.

White w/blue snowflake sashing fabric.


I think this will be the year that I make quilts from my embroidered blocks--I have five more quilts to make with blocks that are already embroidered.  Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment