Sunday, June 1, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 22, 2014 (5/31/14)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 112.21 yards
Added Year to Date: 46.19 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 66.02 yards

 

Nothing in, nothing out--but lots of time in the studio!  I quilted a lap-sized Christmas throw from a panel, using a clam shell board.  The flannel is luscious--feels so soft and comforting.  I used leftovers from another quilt for the borders and the binding--the inside border had to be pieced.  Since I was already 19 quilts behind on my goal of quilting 5 quilts a month, I loaded another top on the longarm--and didn't have a king-sized batting that was needed so that got put on hold.  Darn--no excuse not to finish cleaning the house!  I just have a few things left to do downstairs.  I got a king bat on Thursday (no quilting supplies in our little hamlet), but have not started the quilting yet.  Since it's a new month, I'm now 24 quilts behind on my Longarm UFO goals!


But, in the meantime, I started on a machine embroidery project for another quilt.  Have you seen Sally King's shoes for machine embroidery?  They are very detailed and so creative (http://www.bfc-creations.com/Designs/000menus/SallyKing.shtml).  They remind me of the shoes in the movie "P.S. I love you."  Where were those kinds of shoes when I was young (and foolish?!) and wearing 3-inch heels?!  Anyway, I have 5 blocks embroidered and am in love again.  If you have time, go look at these shoes on the BFC site.  I try to get one done each day.


This is such a pretty time of year here.  My daffodils and tulips are blooming, and the columbine aren't far behind.  I need to get rhubarb picked and put up--and my garlic chives are already popping blooms on top--everything is early this year.  I did get one flower bed de-grassed (is that a word?!) and need to spend some time in the yard--and in the studio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment