Sunday, June 8, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 23, 2014 (6/7/14)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 112.21 yards
Added Year to Date: 46.19 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 66.02 yards

 

A finish--in the Longarm UFO stack!  I used a CircleLord Baptist fan board since this scrappy bowtie quilt seems traditional and old-fashioned.  I bought the boards from a lady who was selling her longarm supplies a few years ago, but I had never used the Baptist fan boards.  One of my goals is to keep doing new things on the longarm--so this met that goal.  I was happy with the way it turned out; now it's time to hand-sew the binding down on the back of the quilt--not looking forward to that because the quilt is 92x95.  I have another backing loaded and hope to start on the next quilt tomorrow.   UPDATE:  I started quilting on a lap-size stack 'n whack kaleidescope; I have one more row to stabilize before starting on the custom part.

 

I machine embroidered another of the Sally King (BFC website) shoes--that's 7 done and 9 to go for my 16 block quilt.  They are sooooooo detailed and creative!  UPDATE:  I now have 9 shoes embroidered--my favorite is the one I did yesterday as it is so feminine and beautiful.  The colors blend so well--pinks and peaches, my favorite colors!

 

In my "spare" time I picked the rhubarb and made a pie.  It is so beautiful outside--sunshine, green grass, blooming flowers.  And those little black and white critters are out and about.  One of our friends called one night and wanted DH to come and get rid of the skunk that was under her deck (her husband is out of town).  They have some lumber and other materials under the deck, so it was difficult to dislodge Mr. Skunk--and he went down the hill pretty fast when he lost the battle to stay hidden from view.  I'm sure he will be back and we will get another call. 

 

NOTE:  I'm doing "updates" since I start the blog early in the week and finish it before posting.  I didn't get the binding done on the scrappy bowtie quilt--it's still waiting on the stair railing!

1 comment:

  1. Put some moth balls under the deck. It will discourage the skunk from staying around!

    ReplyDelete