Sunday, March 23, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 12, 2014 (3/23/14)

Used this Period: 16 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 71.64 yards
Added Year to Date: 30.47 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 41.17 yards

 

Wow, my stash was increasing after adding 10 yards last week instead of decreasing--but this week helped reverse those numbers!  I checked back to last year's ending report and found that I have already purchased almost 2X as much fabric this year (and it's only March!) as I did in 12 months last year.  Guess it's a fabric diet for me!  I do still have 2 quilts that need backing/binding, which will help the "Used" numbers, but I need to go back to "shopping the stash."  sigh..... 

 

I finished the Scrappy String Quilt and made the backing.  My lighting downstairs isn't very good, and the colors don't show "true."  The pinks and yellows--and actually the pastel colors don't show up very well--hardly even look pink or yellow!  It is actually much prettier than the pictures show--I'm happy with it!  It measures 84x96.


 

Well...much of this week was spent in the kitchen.  I made cinnamon rolls on two different days.  Saturday I made a couple of salads and a sandwich spread.  A friend wants to come out and make pies, so guess I'd better practice a bit more on my pie crusts.  I have the blocks of the pig quilt ready for blanket stitching around the applique, so perhaps I will have a positive report on my stash again next week.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting back to the black on the stash numbers. It's so much easier to be in the red. Congrats on the finish, it's a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really thought outside the box when you put your string quilt together - very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a bad case of the "Fabric Flu"! You know that you have to feed that fabric induced fever. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your numbers still look pretty good to me. Sometimes you just need to buy fabric!

    ReplyDelete