Sunday, March 9, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 10, 2014 (3/9/14)

Used this Period: 8.4 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 55.64 yards
Added Year to Date: 20.47 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 35.17 yards

 

Done--yea!  I was going to put more borders on this quilt, but couldn't find the right shade of browns in my stash to go with the brown "scribble" border/sashing--so I stopped there.  I made the backing and the binding, and it is now in the UFO quilting stack.  I still have quite a few of these rectangles cut and ready to use.  At one time, I cut a strip from every fabric in my stash and then cut them into these rectangles--and gave away 2 or 3 entire sets--and made a couple of quilts with them, too.  This quilt measures 67x72.  I grouped the colors.

The other thing I finished this week is a crocheted afghan.  I was helping a friend who wanted to get back into crocheting, and decided that I would make the same pattern.  She finished hers before I finished mine!  I almost always make my afghans quite large--and this one is large!  Winter is such a good time to crochet an afghan, especially when it gets big enough to cover your legs while you are working on it!

We have a big ice rink in our front yard!  Our temperatures seem to bounce right up to the mid- to high-thirties after each snow, so we've had a lot of melting.  The streets are slushy, and the holes in our gravel streets here on No-Name Mountain are big enough to swallow a vehicle--well, almost!


I have now sewn all of the remaining rectangles together and plan to use them as a scrappy border for some future quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Cute quilt, and a great way to use scrap! I like the way you grouped the colors.

    ReplyDelete