Used this Week: 15 yards Added this Week: 1.5 yards
Used year to Date: 75.59 yards Added Year to Date: 1.5 yards
Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 74.09 yards
Finally, something good to report stash-wise! One quilt top, 2 bindings, 1 quilt back, 2 burp cloths, and 25 inches (of ugly fabric!) given to Carol for her crocheted rugs--and I finally got the fabric I need to finish my red Christmas quilt (but haven't finished it yet)! The Forest Floor quilt top used nearly all of my leftover leaf fabric; it was left from a previous autumn leaf quilt which has long since found a new home. I really like this quilt pattern--reminds me of leaves blowing in the wind. (The blocks that look white are really tan/gold--the picture doesn't show the vibrancy of some of the colors.) The burp cloths were from doubled flannel and had what Diane called an "X and O" crocheted edging. I only have the edging on one, and will probably put a different edging on the other one.So, now I have 2 burp cloths made with the same edging--one that was purchased and one that I used scrap flannel that I have in my stash. I downloaded a pattern from the internet for the burp cloth and used variegated thread. I have a lot of colored crochet thread from my mother, and will probably make more and donate them to Turning Point.
Carol came over again to give me encouragement/help in doing a border for the T-shirt quilt. The top with border is now draped over the longarm--I'll try to get it quilted before the end of the month--and then on its way back to KS! It seems heavier than the one I quilted for Carol's granddaughter--but the fusible is what is recommended on several how-to sites for t-shirt quilts. I'll need to make a backing for it and then load it on the machine--will be so glad to get it in the mail. Don't think T-shirt quilts are my thing!
Other than the above, I've made a little progress on my crocheted angel baby afghan and managed to burn the potatoes when I forgot I had put them on the stove! Just finished cleaning the stainless steel pan using the vinegar method--thank goodness for the information on the internet!!