Sunday, February 24, 2013

STASH REPORT - Week 8, 2013

Used this Week: 0 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  50.42 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 50.42 yards

 

Well, nothing to show for week 8!  We took a road trip during the early part of the week--well, two actually, one close and one far.  I must be getting cranky in my "advanced years" because I don't enjoy flying (when did those seats get moved so close together?!) and I don't enjoy driving long distances!  But we drove across the state, and then home--had some white-out conditions going down but beat the storm coming back.  Yesterday we watched the huge flakes of white stuff descending and were glad to be inside, being warmed by a nice fire--and at home!

 

I did sew--and did use fabric and reduce the stash--but can't count it yet as the quilt top isn't finished.  I again ran into the limitations of sewing from stash--not enough fabric to finish!  Fortunately, the fabric was from Hobby Lobby and is one of their "staples," so I called a friend and she went to her Hobby Lobby and purchased what I will need to finish the quilt top.  Unfortunately, she and her husband don't like the amounts of snow we get, so she will bring it up when they come up to open their mountain home for the summer!  So, I will put that top aside, and work on something else!  I do like the way the quilt top is turning out--I only had the appliqued center motif done so I am working from the center out and deciding what I want to do as I piece.  After the first row of HSTs, I knew I wanted the simplicity of just continuing that pattern--can't wait to get it finished!

 

Perhaps today I can get down to my sewing room and put it in order before starting on another February goal--February is nearly over and I have a lot of goals that haven't been completed!

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting the same way about traveling. You might consider next time when HL has free shipping to buy fabric online. Sounds like you're making a medallion quilt. Numbers great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did check on-line first, and they said it was "out-of-stock." So, I asked my friend to check and her HL had it on the shelf! I hesitated to ask her to mail it to me after asking her to get it for me--although I'm sure she would have done so. Some week in the future I will have great numbers!!

      Delete
  2. Nothing out, but nothing in either, so not a bad week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand perfectly about flying. Your numbers are good. Can't wait to see what your quilt will end up being. Sounds intriging.

    ReplyDelete