Used this Week: 15 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 50.42 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 50.42 yards
Yea--I hit the 50-yard mark! I finished the black/yellow pineapple quilt and made the backing. Then, just because I wanted to have a net decrease of 50 yards, I made 2 pillowcases. If you remember my "watercolor" pineapple quilt, you will recall that the pineapple pattern isn't really distinctive because the fabrics blend too much. That was why I started the black/yellow one--and made a 2-color instead of a 3-color quilt. Anyway, I had just enough yellow to make a 3X3 setting. If you look closely at the 2d picture, you will see that I added a blue piping between the 2 black fabric borders--it's sort of hard to see at a distance. Anyway, because I didn't have enough yellow to insert a yellow border, I decided to pull out the piping foot for my machine and make some piping. Once I figured out how to do it, it was really simple--and I love the touch on the quilt! There's just a bit of blue and yellow/gold in the black fabric. The pillowcases were made with a Mardi Gras fabric--it was $2/yard on sale!
So--now on to the rest of my February goals--longarming and the red Xmas basket quilt (UFO). Guess that means I'll finally have to decide on a setting and/or blocks to put around that center motif!!