Sunday, January 27, 2013

STASH REPORT - Week 4, 2013

Used this Week: 10 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  21.67 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 21.67 yards

 

The latter part of this week was very productive for me--1 quilt backing made and 1 quilt top pieced.  And then I got sidetracked--I was reading the Quilting Board and found a YouTube video quilt that immediately went to the top of my list!  I pulled fabric and started the first 4 blocks.  About half-way through those 4 blocks, I decided I wasn't sure whether I liked my fabric choices--so I pulled more fabric and started another top with the same pattern but only 2 fabrics instead of 3.  I finished the first 4 blocks before we went to Mass last night--and the second set of 4 are a little over half done.  Oh, dear, what have I done?!  Now I have 2 more UFOs to add to my list--and I probably won't finish the second QOV listed in my January goals!  Oh, well...  I actually think I will like both of the new UFOs--they will look entirely different!  Anyway, I hope to finish the 2d set of 4 blocks today and start on 4 more for the first set of blocks.

 

I have decided that I will list one item from my UFO (pieced tops) list as a February goal.  Perhaps that will keep me on track for finishing my UFOs.

 

 


5 comments:

  1. Backings sure do help with the numbers. I have the same problem that when I see a new quilt pattern that I really like I want to jump right in and get it started. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is that I had no restraint.....sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fabric flying out of your stash - that's great. Now you have me intrigued about that Yu-Tube pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pattern for a Pineapple Jelly Roll quilt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otb8nHcq-Oo&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs
    I didn't use jelly rolls but pulled fabric from my stash--and it takes a lot of fabric! If I were to make it again, I would use 2-inch strips and a center that measured 3.5 inches. The blocks wouldn't be as large, and I think it would look better. I want mine larger than 4 blocks like she shows on YouTube. On the 2-color top, 3 yards of one color is not enough to make 9 blocks (3x3)--I want a 4x4 so I have figured out an innovative way to get it that size. Anyway, be sure you have enough fabric--or can buy more to match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your 2013 stash reduction programs is off to a roaring start!

    ReplyDelete