Used year to Date: 7 yards Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Stash Decrease for 2012: 7 yards
Here I come, 2013--starting the year off right stash-wise! I know that I won't be able to sustain these usage numbers, so I'll revel in it while I can.I will use the same counting process that I used in 2012: I count yardage when the quilt top is pieced and ready to be quilted; I make the binding and the backing when the top is completed--so that yardage is counted also. Then I bundle the top, binding & backing together and put it in the Longarm UFO stack--so when I actually quilt it, all fabric has been counted and I do not count it again. Just what works for me.
I finished the patriotic string quilt top; it will be donated to the Star Valley Piecemakers for WY soldiers. Diane gave me her patriotic scraps, so the quilt top will be returned to her. I thought that with her scraps and mine, I would be able to make 2 tops--but only had a few "strings" left over after finishing 1 top. I went into my stash for border fabric, which brought the dimensions to 72x72. I would have liked to add a horizontal & vertical row instead of borders, but did not have enough scrappy strings. I like my black & white string quilt better--it doesn't have borders and has the appliqued echinacea--but this is nice and will warm some wounded soldier.
Health issues continue to limit my time in my sewing/quilting room. Unfortunately, I'm still able to peruse others' quilts on the internet--and that adds to my bucket list!! Have a good week!