Thursday, February 2, 2012

UFO #5 (Jan.) - DONE

January UFO#5 is done!!  Well, sort of!  I finished the quilt top on January 30--but am just now working on the backing and binding, which I do as I finish a quilt (and will finish today).  The outside white border is 6.5 inches, as I plan to do swags and piano keys in it--but looks wide in the picture.  The fabrics are all Christmas blues with silver metallic, and the center motif is appliqued.  I'm so glad to finish this; the book I took the center motif from is an old one.  I did the center motif (actually, I did 2--the other is in Christmas reds with gold metallic) about a year and a half ago, so it is time to have it shifted to the longarm UFO list.

And now on to the February #1 UFO.  I won't procrastinate quite so long in getting it started--might even start on it today!  Not sure how to get the picture on JudyL's UFO page--I may be asking for help!

Yea, it worked!  JudyL certainly has her ducks in a row and makes it easy for us!

3 comments:

  1. Yes,it´s aswesome.I like your border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt - the backing and binding seem like a piece of cake after the applique. Lovely. Judy C

    ReplyDelete