Sunday, February 12, 2012

STASH REPORT - Week 7, 2012



Used this Week: 8 yards 
Used year to Date: 19.5 yards 
Added this Week: 2 yards 
Added Year to Date: 4 yards 
Net Stash Decrease for 2012:  15.5 yards

Will I ever quit "adding" to the stash?!  I couldn't resist--I "found" (in the Stash, of course) the beautiful pumpkin print on a black background which I want to use for a table runner and didn't have enough of a complimentary gold/bronze to use for the back.  So, off to The Cottage to find complimentary fabric.  That's my story anyway!  This week I finished February UFO#1, and it went into the Longarm stack.  I had quite a few paperdolls left and lots of clothes--so, why not make another paperdoll quilt using a different pattern?!  Made sense at the time, so I jumped right in and started.  The top is together (about 60x70) and I'm using my machine's blanket stitch to applique down the dolls and clothes--and now wondering why I thought it was a good idea!  Maybe I'll have the machine applique done in 2-3 days. 

Which brings me to a complaint about fabric designers.  Why don't they make sure (in this instance) that the clothes fit the paperdolls?  I could only find 2 of the dolls that could "wear" more than one of the dresses--lots of the clothes didn't fit any of the dolls without having an extra arm showing or a slip showing--or facing the wrong direction altogether!  So, I will only have 2 dolls to slip into a fabric envelope on the back of one of the quilts with enough clothing to entertain some little girl.  Oh, well, at least I have 2!  A special thank you to Carrie for ideas on how to adhere the clothing to the dolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment