Sunday, March 1, 2020

Week 9 (2/23-29/2020)

Used this Period: 1.33 yards

Added this Period: 6.25 yards

Used Year-to-Date:  40.85 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  46.33 yards


Net Stash Increase for 2020:   5.48 yards


3/4 yd. red for pillowcase
3 yd. blue ($3/yd) for 2x2 animals quilt
2.5 yd. blue for bkgd 2x2 animals quilt

Sunday--
So, today I worked in my sewing room.  I decided that I would embroider on some kitchen towels, using the moose and cabin appliqués that are my favorites.  First, I had to find them--I will have to spend some time in organizing my design files again--they are such a mess and I can't find anything!  Then I had to figure out how to unzip files--that took a bit of research.  And then I tried to find my embroidery notes on the sequence used in appliquéing the moose and cabin.  I wasn't successful but did find a lot of stuff that I didn't know I had!  I have a lot of small disks with designs and software and we don't have any computers that will take them.  When I clean my room, I might as well toss them since I can't use them anymore.  We can still use the CDs and DVDs with our equipment, but who knows how much longer that will be the case.  After making a complete mess of the room again, I finally started embroidering the towels.  I did one that I will bring upstairs to use when I make cinnamon rolls--so I could write notes on the sequence to replace the notes I couldn't find.  I got 5 towels finished today and have 8 more to do.  They make wonderful small gifts, so it will be nice to get them done.  And I never did clean up the room!

Tuesday:
I finished the towels yesterday, so I now have plenty to give as gifts or to donate when my DH donates a cutting board to JCCW.  So that's one less project to finish.  Today I went to lunch with the seniors and that sort of messes up accomplishing anything for the whole day.

Saturday:
Senior lunch on Tuesday, noon Mass in next-largest nearby town on Wednesday, trip to nearest big town on Thursday, Mass on Saturday--another week with not much accomplished! It's so difficult to get motivated to start something when we break in the middle of the day.  And since we drive 70 miles round-trip to attend Mass (and DH is an usher so we usually get there an hour early), the day doesn't hold as many hours as I would like.  I'm still doing the recumbent bicycle every day (miss just a few) which also decreases my available hours for hobbies.  And maybe, just maybe, I've slowed down and also spend too much time on the computer!  (I spend time perusing my favorite quilting sites and saving pictures of quilts to make and longarm quilting samples--you should see how full those files are!!)

All that to say that what I accomplished this week was finishing a second pillowcase for Mr. Spiderman (grandson) and making 12 scapulars smaller and with shorter cords.  I also started working on the Henry Glass "When I am Big" child's quilt (10b on the list)--but not far enough along to count anything as used.  No longarm quilting done this month--now I need 13 quilts done to meet my desired schedule :-( and that's probably unattainable!  On to another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment