Sunday, March 8, 2020

Week 10 (3/1-7/2020)

Used this Period: 5.17 yards

Added this Period: 0 yards

Used Year-to-Date:  46.03 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  46.33 yards

Net Stash Increase for 2020:   .30 yards


(1 yd. panel, .34 yd. brown, 1 yd. yellow sash/brdr, 2.83 yd. back'g)

Monday:
I finished the Henry Glass "When I Am Big" baby panel; it is now in the queue for longarm quilting.  I wish the panels would be squared on the fabric--just saying.  One more done--it went fast and easy.  Since the March number is #7, I will need all the extra time I will have for the month.  This fabric and pattern were set aside long ago--before we left Casper (2005).  The fabric was purchased at Hobby Lobby on sale--they had wonderful sales back then with fabric often finally costing $1-2/yard. I love the fabric for this quilt!    



So, the Bear Paw in a Bear Paw quilt became a Double Bear Paw instead--a quilt I saw on the internet.  I worked on this quilt during the week--so many HSTs!  I've decided that I don't want to see another HST for the near future.  I was dreading making and attaching the setting triangles--but they went easily and look great.  I figured out the side triangles mathematically and then went to the internet to find out what size to cut the squares for the end triangles--what a great tool.  I decided to make smaller bear paws to put in one of the borders--haven't decided yet whether to put some appliquéd vines/leaves with partial borders of the bear paws.  So, still can't count any of the fabric--next week should show a decrease in the stash!  I hope to be able to finish this quilt this next week, hopefully with a few days to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment