Sunday, June 4, 2017

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 20-22, 2017 (5/21-6/4/17)

Used this Period: 15.78 yards 
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  104.01 yards
Added Year to Date:  22.38 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2017:   81.63 yards

 

Making 2 backings and 2 bindings (one for a king-sized quilt top!) makes a dent in the stash!  And gets those quilts one step closer to actually being quilts. 

 

I started a second quilt in May--a half Log Cabin--I have 20 blocks made.  Now I need to decide what setting to use and it will be ready for the Longarm UFO stack.  And then I started cleaning my house!  I have one more throw rug to wash, a bit more work in the kitchen, and drawers/closets to go through--but the floors are done and most things are put away.  Yay!  It would have gone a lot faster if I hadn't procrastinated quite so much!  I used the new Shark steam mop on all the tile and slate surfaces and really like it.  I think I may try using it on the wood floors as there is little moisture left on the surfaces; however, I don't want to do that until after DS & family are here.  I will want to wax and buff the floors after steam cleaning them and that will come later in the summer.  Now on to ironing, weeding the flower beds (don't ever let Snow on the Mountain in a flower bed unless you don't mind it taking over!), and getting some cooking/baking done before DS and family arrive.

 

So the June UFO is #7.  That is the only actual UFO I have as most of mine are NewFOs--quilts that are on my bucket list.  I will have to get DH's shirts ironed before I continue with #7 (I think I have 4 blocks made)--and clean up the quilting studio as it is pretty messy right now.  There are probably 3-4 dozen shirts on the ironing pile!

 

We will be getting a new bed delivered sometime in the next few days.  We have suffered on that "very firm" mattress for 10 years, and our bones have started to ache just thinking about going to bed!  This will be a new adventure as we will be able to adjust the head and foot for each of us--which means it has to be 2 twin XL mattresses.  I have all the bedding except for a spread--we will be going from a queen to a king--but want to get it assembled before I do that.  We've driven a few days for the local dealership, helped with a funeral, attended a barbeque/musical presentation by the BarJ Wranglers during the last 3 weeks.  The forest floor is filling in, the service berry bushes and chokecherries are in full bloom, and we are beginning to have some warm days.  It is so nice to sit on the porch, watching the birds (our hummers are back) and enjoying the flowers.  Summer is so nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment