Sunday, October 23, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 43, 2016 (10/23/16)

Used this Period: 11.5 yards 
Added this Period: 1.5 yards

Used year to Date:  190.62 yards
Added Year to Date:  18.08 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   172.54 yards

 

Well, another quilt to add to the Longarm UFO stack!  I finished the log cabin "Straights & Furrows" quilt and backing--so glad it is done as I want to start something else.  It measures 80x92.  

 

I'm trying to get net yardage used at 200 yards--I should be able to make it, I hope, I hope!  I still have a backing to make for the quilt I finished at the end of September, which will add a few more yards.  I bought some black fabric to use in my Halloween (think 2017!) quilt, and may need to get a bit more.  I broke my "embroidery design diet" and ordered a cute set from Ace Points through OPW--and Sandi, my quilting partner, thought the designs would look cute with some glow-in-the-dark thread.  Good idea, Sandi!  My Halloween quilt will be so cute!

 

We've had snow, but it has melted in our yard.  We are almost ready for the winter season.  The deer are still munching on the smorgasbord of plants/trees/bushes we have in our yard.  

2 comments:

  1. You are making great progress. I don't count my yardage (or metreage in my case since we are metric in Australia) till the quilt is completely finished but either way it is lovely to be making progress. I put myself on a fabric diet a few years ago and stuck to it for a year or so but ever since I have stuck pretty well too it in that I only buy fabric that I have a specific purpose. Well I stuck to it till august this year when I was visiting the Gold Coast and an internet group friend came and got me from the motel and took me out for a day of shop hopping and I did blow out then (the prices were fantastic) 30 metres in one day... eek. However I have been making pretty good progress through it! Its coming into our summer here so no snow falling (no snow where I live anytime) but currently visiting in laws and they have deer on their properties.... deer aren't native to Australia but 100 years ago someone around here had some pet ones that went wild and have bred well! So visitors here get really excited cause wild deer just aren't very common in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is wow! Can you see a hole in your closet after using close to 175 yards? This year, I am working on finishing more of the quilts in the pile to be finished than tops so my outage is not that great. Good luck making 200 yards net outage.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete