Sunday, October 2, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 39-40, 2016 (9/25-10/2/16)

Used this Period: 7.34 yards 
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  179.12 yards
Added Year to Date:  16.58 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   162.54 yards

 

Where is my quilting mojo?!  I can't seem to find it.  However, after having the blocks for the latest quilt laying on the floor for over 2 weeks, waiting to be sewn together, I did get that done.  I was dragging my feet on making the setting triangles & corners, but finished it yesterday.  I still need to make the backing, which will boost my numbers a bit next week.  I'm disappointed with this quilt--I should have used plain white instead of the white with navy squares--it would have made a big difference.  Both the navy and the white fabrics have a cherry motif.  I wanted to use these 2 Daisy Kingdom fabrics from my stash, but it turned out too dark and you can't really see the secondary pattern.  I don't believe I will make this pattern again though.  The quilt is 79x79.

 

 

The last two weeks have been busy--trip to Flaming Gorge country, trip to Grand Teton National Park, movie afternoon to see "Sully," lunches out, breakfast & dinner engagements.  On the home front, DH has been trying to trap Petunia and/or the visiting raccoons.  First he used tuna as bait--and the tuna can was emptied without the trap door being lowered.  We have 3 neighborhood cats that visit regularly, looking for mice, voles, etc.; they are often seen "babysitting" with the trap.  We finally figured out that the animals could reach in and get the bait without ever stepping on the release to lower the door--that was discovered as we watched Smokey, our Lhasa, raiding the bait!  So, DH fastened the bait can close to the top of the trap--and this time he caught Smokey again--the trap door lowered.  Smokey didn't really want to get out because he was still licking out the tuna can!  Then either Petunia or the raccoon again raided the bait without getting trapped--perhaps Petunia's tail kept the door open enough to escape or the racoon used its "hands"to get out.  Next DH used large marshmallows for bait--Smokey got one, and whomever got the rest.  So DH used dental floss to anchor the marshmallows--and the "trap raider" ate the marshmallows and took the dental floss to floss its teeth!  I think this will be a continuing saga.  Petunia was visiting somewhere nearby when we returned from Mass last night, but Smokey escaped being skunked; DH said it was pretty strong when he walked to the back yard to find Smokey (who was sniffing and "tracking" in the side yard).  Fun & games in the forest!  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your great stash numbers. I like the quilt. White becomes predicable sometimes, I like the mix up with the dark setting triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this isn't my how you planned the quilt, but I really like the result with the checked fabric. Lots of movement, and carries the cherries on through. I have a few pieces of cherry fabric I need to use for something.

    Great stash numbers!

    ReplyDelete