Friday, April 22, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 17, 2016 (4/24/16)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  130.28 yards
Added Year to Date:  6.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   124.03 yards

 

Can someone tell me where the time has gone?  I know I'm getting older, but surely that isn't the only cause of those calendar pages turning so rapidly.  The weeks are whizzing by.  However, the two quilts that I have started are not going nearly that fast!  Nothing to report again--even though I have been sewing.  The "blues" quilt is progressing (15 blocks done, another 5 cut out), but the lime/avocado is still languishing with only 4 strips sewn together.  

 

We went to the nearby "big city" so I could donate blood and stay on the same schedule as DH.  It was an excellent experience--the tech got a good stick and I filled the bag in good time, which is not always the case.  I was well hydrated and had abstained from caffeine (coffee) for a week, hoping that would facilitate a good draw.  I don't know how much that mattered; however, I had my first cup of coffee yesterday after a 2 week abstention--it did taste good!

 

Mama Moose visited a few times, still looking seriously at the cherry and plum trees.  She was at the back of the house; but by the time I got to the window to watch her, she had gone around the front and around to the side of the garage.  I cautiously went to peek at her around the corner of the garage--and heard a loud thrashing sound (she was going through the undergrowth on the forest floor--away from me).  I thought maybe she was coming back around the corner, so I pivoted (or tried to!) to run back up on the porch.  Unfortunately, I twisted my knee in doing so--and am limping around now!  Mama Moose probably thought that loud little dog was going to chase her again--so away she went!  Moose can be extremely dangerous--probably wasn't even a good idea for me to try to peek around the corner at her!  We have had incidents where a female moose went up on a porch when someone got too close--and kicked and broke a jaw.  Or even charged a vehicle.  This is especially true if they still have their young ones with them.  

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Be Careful! Sometimes you are the only one who knows how much you are accomplishing b/c your number do not tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great stash numbers! Hope your knee is healing well and you are not hobbling along for long.

    ReplyDelete