Saturday, April 9, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 15, 2016 (4/10/16)

Used this Period: 14.75 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  130.28 yards
Added Year to Date:  6.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   124.03 yards

 

Well, that was a marathon sewing event!  I completed the lime/avocado green quilt--yea!  I had to add a third fabric for the border (I ended up with five inches left of my second fabric)--the woes of quilting from stash!  I have 2 more fabrics in the same color scheme (but that didn't look quite right with the fabrics in this quilt), so I will make another quilt but am not sure what pattern to use.   This quilt measures 85 inches square.  You can't tell it from the picture, but the outside border is made up of 1.5 inch logs, to match the interior logs.     

I have crocus blooming--the harbinger of spring on the mountain.  My front beds are still covered by a foot and a half of snow, but the snow level is decreasing pretty rapidly.  It is always so nice to see those first flowers of the season.  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Quilt! Spring will get her eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great numbers for the year so far. Congrats on your stash busting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finish is beautiful. Love your stash numbers. Wish I could get to sewing more so I'd use up stash. Maybe after taxes are done.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish! Congrats on the significant stash busting effort this year. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete