Saturday, April 16, 2016

FABRIC STASH - WEEK 16, 2016 (4/17/16)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  130.28 yards
Added Year to Date:  6.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2016:   124.03 yards

 

Nothing to report this week.  Darn!  I pulled fabric for another lime green/avocado quilt top, 2 greens for a Double Irish Chain--both from my "petting cabinet" (you know, the one that has fabric that is just too pretty to use but that you take out to look at and pet).  One has some gold highlights, so I looked through my stash to find a gold that I could use for the larger sections.  I wasn't very successful--either there wasn't enough to use or it was not neutral enough to use.  The closest one had some gold flowers with a bit of blue and an old gold background (the background would have been perfect!).  I mulled over whether I should just go ahead and use it or wait until we go to the Big Town and try to find something that would coordinate better--and decided to wait.  So, I have a few strips cut for the chains, but that is all that is done.  However, since the gold fabric with flowers and a touch of blue was out, it occurred to me that maybe I should combine it with some of those never-ending blues.

 

I'm singing--oh, wait, that is "sewing" the blues again!  I chose the Lady of the Lake block to use and started cutting and sewing.  The size will depend on how many blocks I can make with the amount of gold fabric--no end of blue fabrics to choose from!!  I have 2 blocks made and 2 blocks partially sewn.  I'm using 16 small HSTs per block--that's a lot of sewing, trimming, sewing!  

 

I think we'll go to the Big City on Monday--I'll donate blood, break my fabric diet, and get some groceries.  We had snow on Thursday, but it melted quickly.  Most of my flower beds are out from under their blanket of snow, and the lilac leaves are budding out.  Mama Moose visited us this week, trimming the pussy willows.  When she decided the plum trees looked quite delectable, DH and Smokey (the Great Hunter--not!) chased her down the ravine.  I'm sure she will be back--just too many good things to eat on this side of the ravine!  The mountain goats are entertaining us again--they've been down near or on the highway.  With all the melting that is going on, their usually pristine coats are looking a bit muddy. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, mama will be back! Unless Smokey gets to be a better hunter/guard.

    ReplyDelete