Sunday, May 4, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 18, 2014 (5/4/14)

Used this Period: 3 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 106.81 yards
Added Year to Date: 30.47 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 76.34 yards

 

Another finish--a Hungry Animals baby quilt.  I have a basket in my quilting studio that contains panels that "I couldn't live without," some Advent calendars to make for my lovely GDs, etc.  I had my DH make some adjustments on my longarm and wanted to see if that fixed the problem I encountered when machine quilting my last quilt--it did, and that is one more quilt out of the Longarm UFO stack!  That's good news--but the bad news is that I'm 20 quilts behind schedule in my Longarm UFO stack (at 5 per month)!  I've quilted 5 this year--only 4 months behind schedule.  Even worse news:  I still have 98 quilt tops ready to be quilted.  Yikes--I'd better get busy.  I think the stash busting will have to take a back seat for awhile!

 

I didn't piece the quilt for April--it is a machine embroidered quilt and I wanted to embroider the blocks in a larger size than I usually do--and only have small and very large hoops.  So, I ordered an in-between size hoop, and it has taken almost 2 weeks to get it to the store in the nearby "big city."  And now I've drawn the quilt to be pieced for May.  I may be able to finish one of these two quilts by the end of May, but I'm sure I won't finish two!  Add to that the trip to Salt Lake City for HMQS this week, and I don't think there will be very many completed projects or stash reduction!  But it will be a whole lot of fun and inspiration!!  

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I don't report my fabric as "used" until the quilt is quilted and bound. That way, my numbers go up in leaps and bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at HMQS! Panels make really cute quilts and wall hangings. 98 quilt backs will surely make a dent in your numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make the backing and binding when I finish the top and count them at that time; there are only a couple of those 98 tops that lack a backing/binding. :-(

      Delete
  3. My small TBQ pile falls way short of your 98. My plan is to hold on to them in the flimsy state until there is a need -- wedding, disaster, wedding disaster .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly take up less room that way! Do you suppose my beds will break down if I just layer completed quilts on them (assuming I get them all quilted!)?!

      Delete