Sunday, February 23, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 8, 2014 (2/23/14)

Used this Period: 4.7 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  47.24 yards
Added Year to Date: 20.47 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 26.77 yards

 

Another finish--my February quilt.  I learned a lot from this baby quilt.  I used 4.5-inch squares for the pinwheels and found that was a little large.  I will have to make sure I anchor the 3D portion when I quilt it.  I'm not sure how well this would hold up with the many washings needed for a baby quilt; it may be a quilt that looks best draped over the crib instead of for everyday use!  It is quite heavy. I used pink background fabric and different fabrics that pick up the colors on the border (which will also be the backing).  The colors in the picture are not the bright, clear colors of the fabric.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sandi (my long-distance quilting partner) and I have decided to postpone the quilt we had planned to do for 2014 and do a less time-consuming quilt.  We are choosing the applique pig from FatCat; it is a free pattern and can be found at http://fatcatpatterns.com/.  Our thinking was that it has very few pieces to be appliqued which fits our schedules better as we are both concentrating on finishing UFOs.  AND it is very cute!

I'm sad that the Olympics are over--I enjoy watching the sports events.  I don't watch much on TV during the day, but the Olympics are an exception.

 

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Cute pinwheel quilt - I like the thought of 3-D. Might make a good quilt to hang above crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children like tactile things. The 3-D blocks might be an attraction. A hidey-hole place? Anyway, it's cute.

    ReplyDelete