Friday, March 16, 2012

A Walk Through Quilting Memories...

Yesterday gave me an opportunity to take a stroll back through quilting memories as a friend brought her daughter and granddaughter over to look at some of my quilt tops.  What beautiful fabric we saw--chronicled in quilts I have pieced.  Some I had forgotten that I had made, some of the details I added made me laugh (egg and chicken recipe names added in the sashing of the funky chicken quilt top--truly those chickens look like they've spent the afternoon nibbling on corn mash!), some of the tops were just beautiful!  Thank you, Carol, for bringing your family to take that stroll with me!  Alas, it was also a reminder of how many tops are waiting for the longarm--wish there weren't so many patterns saying "make me, make me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment