Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Week 48-50 (11/22-12/12/2020)

  Used this Period:  5.47 yards

Added this Period:  2 yards
Used Year-to-Date:  238.93 yards
Added Year-to-Date:  88.89 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2020:  150.04


12/8/20:  Well, almost done with the first December quilt (still have another one I want to make this month).  I have the quilt top and the binding finished but don't have the backing made.  I'm debating whether to use fabric I have that doesn't really go with the Christmas cowboy boots/hats or whether I want to wait for a couple of days and buy fabric that will go better with it.  I could use a red fabric but then the quilting thread will show.  But still might do that.  I do have a marbled red that would work.  I'll think about it for a day or so.

The story on this quilt is as follows:  I fell in love with the fabric and made a Garden Lattice quilt in July using it.  Well, sadly, the fabric got lost in the quilt pattern and you couldn't see how outstanding the fabric really is.  I was disappointed but it was done.  I had 62" left of the fabric and decided I would make a "modern" quilt that would showcase the fabric.  Initially I had the center section made up of rectangles but that made it look bad because the sashing was off from the sashing of the 2 side pieces.  So, I ripped that out and made the flying geese instead.  I do like it although DH says it doesn't look like a real quilt--we both think of quilts as those that use the traditional blocks!  


This quilt measures 57x68.  Finished (except for backing) 12/10/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment